The Poland Cyber Security Department deals with the topic of security in cyberspace. Its main tasks include developing and implementing cyber security strategy papers and legislation, guidelines regarding relevant measures aimed at protecting information and communication systems, analyses, as well as central training courses, exercise and testing plans.
Tasks of the Department include:
1. Handling matters pertaining to the security of the cyberspace of the Republic of Poland, in particular related to the shaping of the policy for the protection of the cyberspace of the Republic of Poland.
2. Developing, implementing and reviewing strategy papers on cyber security issues.
3. Disseminating knowledge concerning cyber security.
4. Initiating research and development works in the field of cyber security and disseminating knowledge on cyber security.
5. International cooperation in the field of cyber security.
6. Keeping a register of cyber security plenipotentiaries.
7. Ensuring the execution of the Minister's tasks in the field of state defence, implementing projects in the field of non-military defence preparations of the Ministry, as well as planning and coordinating the execution of defence tasks at the Ministry, in offices supporting entities subordinate to the Minister or supervised by them, and in units subordinate to the Minister or supervised by them.
8. Handling matters pertaining to crisis management.
9. Ensuring the fulfilment of obligations regarding defence, state security and public safety in the field of telecommunications.
10. Acting as a national point of contact, whose task is to collect information on incidents on a national scale and keeping in touch with relevant institutions in other Member States of the European Union in order to exchange information on international incidents.
11. Supervising information and communication security of the Ministry.
12. Handling matters arising from Article 6 of Regulation (EU) No 211/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 February 2011 on the citizens' initiative.
13. Handling matters pertaining to the ministerial supervision over the Research and Academic Computer Network.