Eyvör has been designated as the national coordination centre in Iceland for cybersecurity in research, education, and innovation.
Eyvör will, as a national centre, have these main tasks:
- Acting as points of contact for the Cyber Community in Iceland to support the ECCC in fulfilling its mission and objectives
- Providing expertise and actively contributing to the strategic tasks of the ECCC
- Promoting the participation of Icelandic stakeholders in cross-border projects and in cybersecurity actions funded by relevant Union programmes
- Seeking to establish synergies with relevant activities in Iceland and in the NCC-Network
- Implementing specific actions for which grants have been awarded by the Competence Centre
- Promoting and disseminating cybersecurity educational programmes in Iceland
In addition, Eyvör will bring together cybersecurity experts in Iceland to advise on further development in research and innovation in cybersecurity for Iceland.
- Publication date
- 29 November 2023
- Directorate-General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology